Back taxes can be a difficult problem to deal with. If you are dealing with back taxes, it is important that you explore the cause of your unpaid tax liability to ensure there isn’t an underlying issue causing these issues.
Things like bankruptcy or fraud could make it so that you owe back taxes; however, sometimes, even innocent mistakes can lead to back taxes as well. If you’re one of those unlucky folks who ended up in this situation, there is hope in clearing and relieving your tax debts!
Common Causes Of Back Taxes
The most common reason for back tax accumulation is not paying off your tax debt on time. But this is not the only and sole cause of back taxes.
- Not Being Able To Pay – It’s understandable for those who are in a financial bind and cannot pay off their tax debt. Unfortunately, the IRS will only make matters worse for you and impose interest and penalties.
- Deciding To Not Pay At All – This is a very common cause for back taxes, but as mentioned before, the IRS will only make the problem worse for you.
- Tax Return Errors – When the IRS discovers mistakes on a tax return, they have the authority to make adjustments and alter the amount owed by the taxpayer. In many situations, this results in the person owing more money in taxes.
- Tax Beliefs – Some taxpayers are swayed by third-party opinions that push for no taxes or believe that paying taxes is illegal.
Have Back Taxes?
If you’ve fallen victim at some point and have tens of thousands of dollars worth of back taxes on your plate, you may be wondering what you can do to clear this up and get back on track.
There’s a relief program that consolidates many major relief programs into a one-size-fits-all assistance program; The IRS Fresh Start Program. Our clients are referred to our Fresh Start Program in order to avoid bankruptcy, acquire debt relief, and settle their debts in a quick manner. Let us give you a helping hand today!
See If You Qualify for the Fresh Start Program Today!
Resolve your tax debt before the IRS surprises you with late fees and penalties!
- Answer a few questions
- Qualify and be presented with a resolution – click here
- Enroll in Fresh Start
You can click here to be connected with a verified partner of IRS Fresh Start Initiative